Thursday, December 3, 2009

Closet Confessions

Just before my husband left on his business trip, he cleaned out his side of our walk-in closet. (Walk in is about all you can do. If you want to shut the door, you have to lean into the clothes.) There are a few bags waiting for me to take to the thrift shop.

So, since he is due home tonight, I decided to tackle my side of the closet. I have too many clothes and too many shoes. I know this. The problem is that I don't want to get rid of the things that don't fit, but still look good, because I AM going to lose weight.

So I put all the clothes I want to save into space saver bags and got rid of all the clothes that I don't like or that have armpit stains. (No matter what, I can't seem to get rid of those!!) I also got rid of all the shoes that aren't comortable or I don't like, or my husband doesn't like. It wasn't actually that many pairs of shoes. There are a few that I want to wear again to see if I really want to keep them or not.

So, my DH will come home to a clean closet and a fresh bed. Unfortunately, he will also be coming home to a wife with dirty hair. I did shower this morning, but neglected to wash my hair because I didn't want to get up when my alarm went off. And that laziness will have to be another post.

See also You've Made Your Bed...