Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Laundry Depression

Have you ever looked at your laundry and thought, "Why bother?"

I have.

I did this morning.

I have mounds and mounds of dirty laundry sitting in a corner of our bedroom. And it's depressing.

Unfortunately, I've run out of long sleeve shirts to wear, so I'm sweltering in a sweater. It's too cold to wear short sleeve, but not cold enough to wear a sweater, so I'll just suffer until I feel like doing the laundry.

That is so the wrong attitude to take. I shouldn't be doing laundry only when I feel like it. If I only did things because I "felt like it," nothing would ever get done! I need to do my laundry because I know that I'm not the only person in this house running out of clothes to wear. My goal is to do one load of laundry every day. That way it won't pile up on me and I will have to do five loads in one day just so we can all have enough clothes to wear. FlyLady gives this guideline so that we won't be overwhelmed with our laundry chores. Just like I am today. So, instead of sitting here typing, I should be doing my laundry right now.

Sigh.

Here I go, to tackle Mount Washmore.