Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In the Mood

Last night my husband was in the mood. I was not.

However, I knew he was, and that he had been all day. He gets home around 10:00 p.m. now, and I'm usually in bed. Last night I managed to stay awake until he came home.

Paul tells us to not keep our bodies away from each other. Sometimes I'd rather just roll over and go to sleep than please my husband. But if there is nothing wrong with me, there is no reason for me to with-hold myself from him. If I'm not in the mood, which is most of the time lately, I need to get in the mood.

I've learned that doing can often bring about the desire to actually do it. Such as in exercise, if I just start to exercise, then I usually want to, even if I didn't to begin with. I'm still struggling with putting others before myself.

I've been reading through Romans, and chapter 12 really spoke to me. I think of myself more highly than I ought, and I'm not always willing to sacrifice my body to God, much less my husband. I must honor others before I honor myself, and that is not an easy thing to do. But I'm working on it every day.