Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Don't Grow Weary

Galatians 6:9-10 says, And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
This spoke to my mommy heart. I often grow weary of doing the same thing day in and day out. Telling my children over and over how to obey and do good. Cleaning the same dishes, the same dirty clothes, sweeping the same dirt every day.
As a mom, I can easily weary of blessing my household of faith with good things. But this verse promises that in due time, I will see the fruits of my labors, as long as I don't give up. What a blessing it will be in the future to see that my children walk in truth (3 John 4).
I hope this encourages you to keep on doing good in your home. To not weary of the dailies. To be consistent in your discipline (both yours and your children's). To remember that the blessing we will reap in the future need to be planted today.