Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last of the Tube

I saw a tip recently on how to get the most for your money out of tubes - like of toothpaste.
I use a special topical ointment that is expensive, and hate throwing away the tube if I haven't gotten everything out of it. So I've always used a "toothpaste flattener" to squeeze the last of the ointment out of the tube. Well, yesterday I saw another tip: cut the bottom of the tube off.  I wonder why I never thought of that before!
I had six tubes of the ointment that needed to be squeezed out. After I flattened them and squeezed them, I cut the tube about an inch from the lid. I was amazed to see how much I could still scoop out! After scooping the remaining ointment out of the six tubes, I had almost as much as a whole new tube! That saved me almost $15.00 (I said the ointment is expensive)!
Again, I don't know why I never thought of cutting the tube before. This will work for anything that has a squeezable tube.