Thursday, January 12, 2012

Out Of Control

I feel like everything is out of control right now. 
The kids attitudes seem to be out of control; from being extremely whiny to having full on temper tantrums, to talking back and making rude comments.  Not to mention any outright disobedience that is taking place.
I feel like I can't keep my temper under control and my patience was lost a few miles back. 
My house is a total disaster.  I can't seem to keep up with the laundry or the dishes.
And those are just the thing I should be able to have control over.  Then there are the extenuating circumstances that are in limbo.  The not-knowing makes me jittery.
At the moment, the kids are playing very nicely together with cars and everything is peaceful, therefore, giving me a moment to write my thoughts.
I realize I can solve some of my out-of-control-ness by 1) paying attention to the kids needs: hunger, sleep, etc and more importantly, 2) paying attention to my needs: Bible devotions, prayer, food.
Isaiah 26:3 (ISV)  You will keep perfectly peaceful the one whose mind remains focused on you, because he remains in you.
When I am willing to keep my mind focused on God, and abide in Him, I will have peace.  I need some peace right now.  Which means, for me, I need to do my devotions and just spend some time focusing on God, instead of focusing on everything that is out of control.  Then, maybe I can get a few loads of laundry done.