Monday, January 9, 2012

Praying for my Children

I believe that prayer is very important. I try to start off every day reading Scripture and praying. Here are 31 ways to pray for your kids - one for each day of the month. Insert your children's names where it says children.
1 - Salvation: "Lord, let salvation spring up within (my children), that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." (Isaiah 45:8, 2 Timothy 2:10)
2 - Growth in grace: "I pray that (my children) may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)
3 - Love: "Grant, Lord, that (my children) may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them." (Ephesians 5:2, Galatians 5:22)
4 - Honesty and integrity: "May integrity and honesty be (my children's) virtue and their protection." (Psalm 25:21)
5 - Self-control: "Father, help (my children) not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do." (1 Thessalonians 5:6)
6 - A love for God's Word: "May (my children) grow to find your Word more precious than gold, than much pure gold; and sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb." (Psalm 19:10)
7 - Justice: "God, help (my children) to love justice as you do and to act justly in all they do." (Psalm 11:7, Micah 6:8)
8 - Mercy: "May (my children) always be merciful, as their Father is merciful." (Luke 6:36)
9 - Respect (for self, others, authority): "Father, grant that (my children) may show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands." (1 Peter 2:17a)
10 - Strong, Biblical self-esteem: "Help (my children) develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:10)
11 - Faithfulness: "Let love and faithfulness never leave (my children), but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts." (Proverbs 3:3)
12 - Courage: "May (my children) always be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions." (Deuteronomy 31:6)
13 - Purity: "Create in (my children) a pure heart, O God, and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions." (Psalm 51:10)
14 - Kindness: "Lord, may (my children) always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else." (1 Thessalonians 5:15)
15 - Generosity: "Grant that (my children) may be generous and willing to share and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age." (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
16 - Peace, peaceability: "Father, let (my children) make every effort to do what leads to peace." (Romans 14:19)
17 - Joy: "May (my children) be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit." (1 Thessalonians 1:6)
18 - Perseverance: "Lord, teach (my children) perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to run with perseverance the race marked out for them." (Hebrews 12:1)
19 - Humility: "God, please cultivate in (my children) the ability to show true humility toward all." (Titus 3:2)
20 - Compassion: "Lord, please clothe (my children) with the virtue of compassion." (Colossians 3:12)
21 - Responsibility: "Grant that (my children) may learn responsibility, for each one should carry his own load." (Galatians 6:5)
22 - Contentment: "Father, teach (my children) the secret of being content in any and every situation through Him who gives them strength." (Philippians 4:12-13)
23 - Faith: "I pray that faith will find root and grow in (my children's) hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them." (Luke 17:5-6, Hebrews 11:1-40)
24 - A servant heart: "God, please help (my children) develop servant hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as to the Lord, and not to men." (Ephesians 6:7)
25 - Hope: "May the God of hope grant that (my children) may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
26 - The willingness and ability to work hard: "Teach (my children), Lord, to value work and to work hard at everything they do, as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23)
27 - A passion for God: "Lord, please instill in (my children) a soul that follows hard after You, a heart that clings passionately to you." (Psalm 63:8)
28 - Self-discipline: "Father, I pray that (my children) may develop self-discipline, that they may acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair." (Proverbs 1:3)
29 - Prayerfulness: "Grant, Lord, that (my children's) lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephesians 6:18)
30 - Gratitude: "Help (my children) to live lives that are always overflowing with thankfulness, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Colossians 2:7, Ephesians 5:20)
31 - A heart for missions: "Lord, please help (my children) to develop a heart for missions, a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all peoples." (Psalm 96:3)