Monday, February 13, 2012

A Clean House is a Lonely House

My house was finally clean.
There were no toys on the living room floor.  The couch had all the pillows on it and wasn't rumpled.
All of the dishes were done and put away.  The kitchen counters were clean, there were no crumbs on the floor.
All of the laundry was done and put away.  Every single bed was made.
Then I went to the airport and picked up my husband and kids.
Now there are toys and pillows scattered around the living room, crumbs on the kitchen floor and dishes in the sink.  There are about three loads of laundry waiting for me to do and I'm pretty sure that the kids' beds aren't made.
But you know what?  I don't care.  In fact, I am happier now than I have been all week while my husband and kids were gone.  I am glad for the little messes in my life because the people who put them there make my life so much better.