Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Little Gift

I am in love with a new little person.  You may think, "Of course you are!  You just had a baby!  Who doesn't love little babies?"   Me.  That's who.  I don't love newborns. 

I have said it before, and I will say it again.  I am not ashamed of the fact that, in general, I do not enjoy the first three months of infancy.  It is a very difficult time learning how to get to know this new person who has come into your life.  I would find myself annoyed with my new baby because I didn't know what the crying meant.  The lack of sleep intensified the negative effects and emotions my hormones were having on me.

Those first three months were not enjoyable for me.  I was not able to take delight in my first two kids during that "fourth trimester."  I had an extremely hard time bonding with my daughter and didn't feel really connected to her until she was about five months old.

Because of my previous experience, I fully expected to have a miserable first three months with our new baby.  This time, however, God has really blessed me.  He gave me a double gift: my baby and my love for my baby.  I am totally in love with my newest son.  I delight in holding him and looking at him, in snuggling his fuzzy head.  I have the overwhelming mother love that I didn't have with my first two infants.

I am so in awe of how God has blessed me with this baby.  He is a precious gift that I hold dear to my heart.  I am extremely thankful for my little blessing of joy.




1 comment:

  1. thank you for being so honest! There are a lot of mothers who struggle at sometime when children are babes. I'm so happy for you that this time is easier! God is gooood!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! If you'd like to comment without signing in, select Anonymous and please sign your name, so I know who you are!