Sunday, March 18, 2012

Overflowing and Spinning

I'm a little overwhelmed right now, I'll admit it.  We are moving in less than a month and there are so many thoughts running through my head that it is hard to think straight.  As of right now, we don't know exactly when we are going to move.  We also don't know where we are going to live.  We will have temporary housing for three weeks at the most.  If we don't find a place to live in those three weeks, we will likely move in with my parents.  My mom is going through chemo right now, and they live over an hour from my husband's work, which will make a long commute for him.
The biggest complicating matter is that I will have a 6-week old baby.  Both he and I will be due for check-ups the week after we move.  How do you find a doctor when you don't even know where you are going to live?
My mind is overflowing with things that need to get done.  I think of all the stuff I need to take care of before we leave.  Of all the items I need to buy and all the things I borrowed that need returning.  Of all the doctor appointments we have before we leave and all the doctor appointments I need to make and find a doctor for down in California. 
I have lists upon lists in my head, on paper, on my phone.   Things are being added to my lists faster than they are being crossed off.
All of the uncertainties of our move weigh on me.  We don't know where we will live.  We don't even know when we are going to move.  Finding a church is a scary task for me; the hardest part of our move to Oregon was not having a home church for so long.  I want to get settled in as quickly as I can, but I know it isn't going to be easy...or quick.
The good news is:  I am in a better place emotionally with my third child than I was with either of my first two.  My hormones did a doozy on me the first two times.  I am not nearly as emotional this time around, which is a miracle, considering I have two kids already, I don't have any family help this time, and we are moving in less than four weeks.