Saturday, January 26, 2013

Permission

I am weary today.  It has been a trying day with the children.  So...
I give myself permission to use pre-packaged foods when cooking dinner.  While I would like to make all my meals from scratch, sometimes it becomes overwhelming.  If using a can of cream of mushroom soup will get dinner on the table, then I should not feel guilty about not making my own cream of mushroom soup.
I give myself permission to use disposable diapers when the thought of having to wash one more poopy cloth diaper becomes too much for me to handle.
I give myself permission to let the kids watch a show when I am at my wits end and need a few minutes of quiet time with God.
I give myself permission to let the dishes pile up on the counter while I pay attention to my children.
I give myself permission to let my kids eat Cheerios for snack when I am busy with the baby and can't cut an apple or cheese.
I give myself grace to be the best mom I am able to be.  And only by God's grace can I be the mom He wants me to be.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  
~Galatians 6:9