Tuesday, April 12, 2016

40 Days to 40

I have forty days left in my 30's. I'm counting the days until I turn 40 with gratitude.

Starting off, I'm ever so grateful that Jesus chose to lay aside his life to pay the penalty for my own sins, and that I have been given the privilege, not only to believe in him, but to suffer for him.

I have shingles right now, and the constant pain is a subtle reminder to me that I deserve much worse. The older I get, the more I realize how sinful I am. I am more and more thankful that I have been been forgiven.


 Driving around today, I stopped to take this picture. I call it HOPE.
The beginning of winter is beautiful - the crisp air, the first snowfall, the jackets, scarves, warm hats and hot drinks. I love it. Then comes February and March, when the bleakness of winter makes me cringe. The lifeless trees and the gray clouds are no longer appealing, but make me yearn for spring.

So many people feel like they are caught in an endless winter of despair. But I have a hope within me that there is a better future. The dead will rise and live again in a world that is bursting with the freshness of spring. My hope is not on this earth. My Hope is in heaven.