Thursday, December 3, 2020

Names of Jesus - His Given Name

She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, because he is the one who will save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

The most obvious of all names is his given name, Jesus, which means Jehovah is salvation. It was a popular name, because it is the Greek version of Joshua. Joshua was the courageous leader of the Israelites after Moses, who led them into the Promised Land. 


I have this hope within me: that one day I will reach the Promised Land because Jehovah is my salvation. If I did not have that hope of life after death, I would be hopeless, like so much of the world.

As we look forward to the coming of Jesus, both the celebration of his birth and his return, my prayer is that we are secure in our hope, that Jesus has delivered us from the bondage of our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! If you'd like to comment without signing in, select Anonymous and please sign your name, so I know who you are!