Wednesday, January 3, 2024

10th Day of Christmas - Ten Commandments

 On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ten lords a-leaping.


The ten lords a-leaping can represent the ten commandments

I was in many church plays when I was a kid, and quite a few of the songs I learned have stuck with me over the years. One in particular has been helpful for me to remember the ten commandments. I have no idea what the play was, but I remember the song!

The Perfect Ten, the Perfect Ten, they’re just as good as they were way back when!

Number one, we’ve just begun, God should be first in your life.
Number two’s the idol rule, those graven images aren’t right.
Number three, God’s name should be never spoken in jest.
Number four, the Sabbath’s for God’s worship and our rest.
Number five, we all should strive to honor father and mother.
Number six, don’t get your kicks from killing one another.
Number seven, life is heaven when you’re true to your mate.
Number eight, don’t steal or break this rule for goodness sake!
Number nine, don’t be the kind who goes around telling lies.
Number ten, don’t covet when you see your neighbor’s house or wife.
That’s the list and God insists we stay away from these sins!
That is why we memorize commandments one through ten.

Do you have a good way to memorize the ten commandments?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! If you'd like to comment without signing in, select Anonymous and please sign your name, so I know who you are!